Saturday, June 30, 2012

26/30 Things: Notions

26. What is a popular notion you think the world has wrong?


Seriously, I think the world has a lot of notions wrong.  But I guess the first one that comes to mind is worrying about all the starving children all over the world or spending billions on relief for war torn countries, poor 3rd world countries, and other things like that.  Now before you get really offended and for my friends call me up to tell me what a horrid person I am, what about the millions of children in America who are starving.  Or the people here who are without homes and have no one and no where to go to.  Are there commercials in other countries about sending their money to America to help the poor starving orphans?

If you stay up a bit later in the night or watch day time television you are constantly bombarded with please send money for these kids, or please help this starving orphan all from Africa, India, and other poorer countries.  At no time will you see that same "charity" make a commerical for the poor white kid living down the street whose mom is a crack head or dead and is living in worse conditions than the orphans in the commericals, to try to help them.  We send soooo much money personally, and soooo much money out of our countries pockets to help them.  But yet, no one is helping the kids here.  The adults here, the veterans here! 

WOW!...I'm stepping off that soapbox....think of me as a horrible person now...but I have always wondered why we send money to help those in other countries, but can't help those here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment