Thursday, June 28, 2012

24/30 Things: Family

24. Describe your family dynamics of your childhood vs. your family dynamics now.

My family dynamics have changed so much since my childhood.  My sister and I didn't get along at all.  We fought constantly and when asked she always thought I was psycho enough that I was going to kill her at any moment.  There was this one fight that I will never let her live down.  To this day we can't remember who started it or what it was about, but I was so mad that I went into the kitchen to calm down.  I grabbed an apple and started to cut it up.  My sister chose that moment to come into the kitchen, sees me with a knife, screams bloody murder and proceeds to barricade herself in her bedroom with a chair against the door and calls my mom at work.  Now my mother at the time was a Surgical Technologist.  So she most often was in surgery.  My sister told the nurse who answered the phone it was an emergency and they patched her through to the OR....my sister then starts rambling on to my mom how scared she was that I was going to kill her and my mom needed to come home right away....needless to say that incident didn't end well for either of us.

My mother on the other hand was my best friend.  We did everything together.  We had movie nights, went shopping, spent alot of time together, but now the dynamic has completely flip flopped.  My mother and I fight like cats and dogs and my sister and I are extremely close.  She's going through a health scare right now and I have absolutely no way of helping her and it scares the crap out of me.  I don't know if she reads my blog or not so I'm going to say this regardless...(I'm hoping she doesn't because I don't want to scare her more than she already is,) but I don't know what I would do if I was to lose her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment