Thursday, April 26, 2012

8/30 Things: Passions






8. What are five passions you have?

1)  Creating Art; whether this is through taking pictures, scrap booking, coloring, playing the violin, baking, or just general decorating, I love creating stuff.  I am currently obsessed with trying to sew stuff.  I recently took home 28 pillow cases with the belief I am going to be creating a lot of fun stuff with them.  I've already looked up how to make bags, shirts, dresses for little girls, and travel pillows.  I even had an idea of putting several together to create some clothing for full size people.  I also love to create music, whether its playing my violin, playing the piano, or singing I find the quickest outlet for creativity is music.

2)  Deepening and strengthening my faith;  I enjoy learning new views and ideas of faith.  I don't feel like a good christian right now and want to be a better child of God.  So it is a passion of mine to become a better child of God.  I am currently on a journey to have a childlike faith.   

3)  Defining who I am; For years I have listened to who other people said I was or thought I was.  I have always defined myself as a daughter, sister, aunt, and kind of just went with the flow.  What others liked, I liked.  What others did, I did.  Subsequently I don't really have an idea of who I am or what I truly like.  I mean there are some things I am certain of.  But I am in a period of questioning certain things and redefining who I am without anyone elses opinions.  (Luckily, my husband likes this idea.)

4)   My Husband and furr babies; These lovies are my whole world and I am so thankful that I get to call them my family.


Brutus Octavius, 9

Punky Brewster, 1

Dax, 10ish

Zoey Redbird, 3 1/2








 5)  My Job;  I love my job.  There is just something about working with the public and helping their business trips and family vacations be that much more special.  I love the satisfaction that comes with a job well done and knowing that in a huge snafu with lots of tension and stress you were the one who could help calm them and make their stay as comfortable as if they were at home.  Sure...working with the public is STRESSFUL and CRAZY...and you get some of the crappiest, grumpiest people on earth, but then other times you have the nicest, sweetest people come through and it just evens it all out.  

6.  I know it just calls for five, but after I wracked my brain for five I was coloring a cross at work and I got to thinking how passionate I am about anything Celtic.  Music, traditions, colors, lands....oye!  I love it!!!! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment