Tuesday, April 24, 2012

7/30 Things: Dream Job(s)







7. What is your dream job, and why?

Well actually I have several dream jobs:

1)  A Mom...really a stay at home mom who is like the quintessential 50's stay at home mom.  House is clean everyday..beds are made...homemade dinner on the table every night, but I'd also like to pair that with home schooling my kids too.  This way whenever we felt like it we could travel.  There are so many things outside to do that are educational and I believe that we're all missing it when we sit in school all day everyday.  


2)  I want to own a bake shop.  Could be a smallish hip restaurant that caters to desserts but has a limited selection of food or it could just be a bake shop that is walk in and take out.  I love baking...cookies, cupcakes, cakes...you name it and I pretty much love to do it.  (Or love the idea of it.  I still have as yet to make creme brulee)

All of these cakes were made by moi!!





3)  I want to be an English teacher.  I want to start this idea in high school where the higher levels read not only classic literature, but contemporary lit too.  The books read in class would be picked by the class.  Each student would be responsible for showing complete knowledge of not just the story but the themes in each also.  Each year the classes would get together and chose one "big" novel that they read in their own time.  A trip would then be planned for the end of the year that revolves around that novel.  Could be to the authors hometown...where the book is said to take place or where the historical relevance actually happened.  These trips would be an extension of learning that could happen outside of the classroom.

4)  I would LOVE to own my own hotel or bed & breakfast.  I love working in hotels meeting new people and dealing with the public.  This one I actually can't see happening. 

5)  My family has always had this dream of having a one stop shop of party planning.  I'd bake the cakes, my sister and her family would do the decorating and taking down, my mom would plan and do flowers.  I actually love to plan parties, but am horrid with flower arrangements.  I think this dream is doable even without my mom because my sister and I can do all of this ourselves.  

6)  I would love to be a writer.  I get these great ideas for stories and novels, but whenever I sit down to write the story...I just can't get it out.  I can get the concepts to paper so I don't lose it, but I can't write the dang stories!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment