Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's BirchBox Time Again!!!







This months Birchbox is all about Clarity. Clarity for the mind, clarity for the body, and clarity for the soul. Plus, a little clarity for the skin too!













The first product is Archipelago Pomegranate Body Soap. The description reads: "Laced with good-for-you pomegranate extracts, this triple-milled soap smells divine and leaves skin feeling clean, not stripped."





First off, I LOVE the smell of this soap. It's been a super long time since I've used bar soap...so I must have forgotten how much it sheds, but it was all over my box and everything in it. I didn't really notice a difference between washing with the soap and washing with my other hand soap, but the smell was definately worth using again and again.



The second product is Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream. The description reads: "Dull skin no more, thanks to the glycolic acid in this exfoliating moisturizer. The gentle tingle means it's working."



The first thing I noticed about this product was it's price. Full size of this is $115!!! It said that is would tingle, but I never experienced anything. My skin was smoother, but my moisturizer achieves the same results and it's in the $20 range.









The third product is a Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner. The description reads: "It's time to put down the black liner. This colorful pigment makes eyes stand out and stays put for hours."




I LOVE this color. I am a black eyeliner girl. Colors just cause me to freak out, but this blue was very inky and dark. I felt like I still had my black on, but it was colored. It also caused my blue eyes to pop! Plus, it was waterproof. I couldn't get it off with my makeup removing wipes. LOL! That was fun.






The fourth product is Juicy Couture's Juicy Couture perfum. The description reads: "Juicy's signature fragrance is a blend of sweet floral notes. sphisticated and feminine, it's perfect for day or night."



As we all know...I like musky scents. Harvey Prince's Ageless has been my favorite sample they've sent so far. But Juicy Couture has been the first scent that my husband noticed me wearing without having to ask him if he likes it. I actually like it too. I thought I wasn't going to, but it's musky but still feminine. To me it's kinda earthy, but has a hint of powder to it. All I can say is...this I will definately purchase.



The fifth product is Larabar Mini Bar. The description reads: "You won't find any artificial fillers in these natural bars: just dried fruits, nuts, and other wholesome ingredients. They're as tasty as they are healthy."




I totally shouldn't have, but I couldn't resist trying this while I was on my diet. Come to find out it was only 100 calories, 4 grams of fat, and a minimal amount of sodium. Plus, it was really good! I didn't think I was going to like it, but the fruit bits in it went perfectly with the chocolate and the nuts weren't too much.






As an added bonus...they sent this cute little magnet and a card that they want you to hang on your refridgerator about Mini Detoxes for your mind, relationships, closet, diet, and bathroom cabinets. It's really common sense things that they remind you about how to declutter your life. I am crazy for magnets so this totally helped to save the box.




In all, this box was kinda skimpy...the products were pretty good, but nothing phenomenal. I did love that the Stila eyeliner was a full size eyeliner. Here's hoping that they keep getting better over the months.




Whelp...I'm outtie! Need to get some other stuff done!





Peace, Love, and Lip Gloss!





1 comment:

  1. We got the exact same box! I can't believe you didn't feel the tingle in the moisturizer, it blew me away. I've been using it for two days now and I can't stop touching my face. My skin is so smooth. I'm hoarding it because I definitely can't afford $115. Also, Larabars are GREAT diet snacks!

    ReplyDelete