Friday, January 27, 2012

Adventures into Cookie Land

You'll have to excuse me tonight. This post may appear to be a drunken rambling, but in reality it's a sleep deprieved, sugar high, rambling. As you all know I have been dieting and have successfully cut sugar out of my diet except the sugar that occurs naturally in fruits and some food. Everything else is sugar free. I've noticed that anytime I have something with sugar or a high sugar content I become this wired monster. That is me tonight, but like ten times worse because in all of that I am sleep deprieved. I left work at eleven pm last night. Came back to work at seven am and will be here till eleven pm again tonight. BRIGHT SIDE....I have the next three days off.

The reason for this post is I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts for the direction of my creativity. I used to focus on just cakes and cupcakes and scrapbook pages. But here lately I have been staring longingly at what others around me are making with cookies! I've decided to take the plunge and try my hand at cookie making. I've even uploaded some pictures of things I want to try. Some of them I know I can do...others are a hopeful dream that should come true with a little practice.





I absolutely love this first series of cookies. The top two shots are of relatively easy cookies that you make and decorate with the dough. The flat 2D and a 3D dog. The 3D puppies are actually chocolate filled but I thought I could put like peanutbutter cup or something in there as a surprise. The second shots are more decorative. The first is texturized icing with little bones. This would be hard work getting these cookies just perfect enough that I would want to let anyone have them. I can only aspire to be able to make these cookies soon. The second ones are easier. They are regular puppy shapes just outlined with how old the child will be on their birthday. I actually am hoping I have some of these cutters already cause a little girl I know is having her birthday party at Home Depot and she LOVES dogs.






This second series of shots are flower cookies they are kinda self explanatory. They all look hard too, but upon looking at directions they are all super easy. The hardest part would be going fast enough that the icing doesn't dry while your working all your steps.






My favorites of all the series would have to be the hearts. I know I have the cutters for these and they again are relatively simple. They look intricate, but they are pretty easy. I'm sure most of you who know me can easily pick out my very favorite one out of this series that I will be trying first. The zebra stripped!!! YAY!!! Plus, these are just in time for Valentine's Day. I think, even though I may be dieting and losing weight...my husband is probably going to be a blimp by the end of this year!

Another thing I wanted to "crow" about is an idea I had for work. I wanted to do a cookie swap. What is a cookie swap you ask?? It's where several people get together and decide to swap cookies. Generally, you want about six cookies per person. So if there are four of you participating you bake 2 dz cookies. You can do decorative, or no bakes, or oatmeal raisin, or peanut butter, or oatmeal scotties. I've seen sour cream cookies, turtle cookies...basically if it's your favorite cookie and someone hasn't already signed up for it...bake it and bring it. It's kinda like a swap meet for baked goods.

Anyways, I ran it by my boss and she loved it!! Several people have already said sign me up and I was going to upload my beautiful flyer for y'all to see, but blogger uploader hates me and it totally messed up my whole post when I tried to place it, plus it was so small you couldn't read it. So anywhoo...that's my thoughts for awhile...I am sooo looking forward to sleeping tonight and then getting into my 101 cookie cutters to see what I have and can start making. Until next time!!!






Peace, Love, and LipGloss!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment