Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birchbox (revised with photos)

I have this friend, she is uber gorgeous and very fashionable. She started getting these samples called birchbox. Lord only knows how she found out about it, but I am thankful that she did. After several months of staring in awe at her youtube videos about all the wonderful samples she got...I decided to sign up for birchbox too! My first box came in November.


November's box was called "Getting Gifty" and had Jouer Lip Enhancer, Kate Spade New York Twirl Perfume, Thymes Eucalyptus, and Kimono Rose body lotion, Zoya Nail Polish in Noel, and an Alex and Isabelle Classic Hair Tie. I guess lets take it product at a time and later I will post some pictures to go with my reviews.













Jouer Lip Enhancer: this small tube packs a wallop let me tell you that. It is supposed to hydrate, plump, and condition lips. It did hydrate and condition my lips. I noticed that after several uses my lips were softer. My husband (the jury) is still out on how much they actually work. I never did see any evidence of plumping going on though.














Kate Spade New York Twirl Perfume: I have used this perfume on several occasions from dressy events to a small get together with friends. It's a little strong at first for me, but after about 30 minutes you get used to the scent and it's not so much. I had a lot of friends comment that it was a wonderful smell and much different than what I normally use...so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I am trying to branch out.










Thymes Eucalyptus, & Kimono Rose Body Lotion: I LOVE the Eucalyptus body lotion. It leaves my hand soooo soft and they smell really good too. I use just a little bit at a time and it really does cover all my hands. I haven't used the Kimono Rose body lotion yet, but I have a Christmas party coming up and I will probably use it as my scent for the afternoon. I'll get back to you on how it smells.












Zoya Nail Polish in Noel: It's blue. Now normally I don't wear really off the wall colors like this, but I gave it a chance. It's a very pretty blue almost teal color and it covers pretty well in just one application. I didn't use a top coat over it and it started chipping in about three days, but for me that is really good. Most polish I wear without a top coat starts coming off after a day.












Alex and Isabelle Classic Hair Tie: Now I have super short hair right now so I was unable to use the hair tie. But really even if I had longer hair I don't think I would use this. It looked like a piece of elastic band that just happened to be colored that they tied in a knot at one end. When it came in the box it was wrapped around the Kate Spade scent and I actually thought it was just decoration for the box!





All in all, I really liked Novembers box, but I have to say the hair tie really made my first impression of the box...not so great.







On to Decembers box!!!! When you first open the box it's all festive with snow flakes and shimmering wrap. LOVED IT!!!! (Can you hear my excitement?) December's Box was called "Frolic & Fancy." It had Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional, Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume, Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink, Orofluido Beauty Elixir, Prep ShowStoppers Designer Fashion Tape, and ReCharge EBoost Orange Natural Energy Booster.










Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional: Is supposed to minimize the appearance of pores. It can be worn under or over makeup. I haven't tried it yet...partly because I don't have really noticeable pores and also because I don't wear a lot of makeup or foundations. I am giving this to my sister to try and I will get back with you on this review. The one thing I can say though, is it smells really nice. It doesn't have a medicated or perfume like smell. Very fresh and natural.











Harvey Prince Ageless Perfume: Like the last perfume I LOVED IT!!!! I have to say to pick between the two...I'd go with Ageless. I wear more musky type perfume and Ageless takes my musky type perfume and mixes it with grapefruit, pomegranate, and jasmine. Oh, how I love this!!! I've actually asked for this for Christmas. But, alas, I don't believe I will be getting it because it's a bit expensive and a little late to be ordering it. Who knows...Valentines is right around the corner though!

















Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Birchbox Pink: I was completely excited when I got to the lip gloss. I am crazy over pink, especially hot pink. It looks hot pink on the outside, but when you put it on you get these very lightly shaded pink glossy lips. I use it at work for a very glossy look, but you can build on the layers and go for a very vibrant pink. I think I'll try that one at home first.














Orofluido Beauty Elixir: This is an oil treatment for your hair. I don't like really heavily scented vanilla things. I have a friend who wears Vanilla Musk and spend an hour with her sends me home with a migraine for a day. This is another one of those things that I will pass off to a family member or friend to try and get a review for you later. I don't want to take the chance of using this and then triggering a migraine that follows me.











Prep ShowStoppers Designer Fashion Tape: These are just simply double sided tape strips that help your clothing stay in place. Normally I wouldn't even think about something like this because I am a fluffy lady so my clothes normally don't have any problems staying where I put them, but I have been losing weight and I have a Christmas party this weekend. If I can still semi-fit in the dress I am planning on wearing, I will try the tape and get back with you. Either that or again it will be passed off to another reviewer.




ReCharge EBoost Orange Natural Energy Booster: Orange powder drink that is supposed to help you bounce back after a night of partying. Haven't used it and frankly, probably won't either. My diet has me on high nutrient drinks and no alcohol so I don't really need to bounce back from anything just yet.

Well that's it for now folks. Looking forward to January's birchbox and taking some photos to put with this blog. I'm also working on doing some blogging about interesting facts...maybe I'll find something tonight and post again...Who knows?!
http://www.birchbox.com/?raf=0o948









Peace, Love, and Girlscout Cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment