Saturday, October 9, 2010

Promotion!!!

I went back to night shifts (11pm to 7 am) so I could go back to school, but what I didn't know is that with the new education bill that was passed awhile ago, whenever you are put of financial aid suspension for some cockamamie reason...you are ineligible for you student loans too!!! Like how stupid is that!!! Anyway...so I tried and tried to get back on to days. So my boss calls me the evening before my birthday and says..we have a new general manager and he's looking to hire someone for half of her job, which is the accounting department. She told me that she recommended me and he wanted me to come in for an interview in the morning. Russ and I talked and we really didn't feel comfortable with the whole idea. There were a lot of extenuating circumstances that I'm not going into on here. But I went into the interview and turned him down flat. He said he understood my reasons and wished me luck. The next day after a staff meeting he offered me that job again with stipulations. About two weeks later...low and behold I changed my mind and took the job. So now I'm back on days...weekends off...a raise and it seems like a really really good fit for me. I'm having trouble adjusting to the new responsibilities that they call on me to make snap decisions. You know I don't want to mess something up. Hopefully, I can get over this and become the person that MY boss believes to be and also live up to the potential she sees in me. I just don't want to let her down.

Almost finished with the construction of my Halloween costume! Totally excited this year because I convinced my husband to dress up also. We're going with a couple of friends of ours as cool people from the 80's! Lace gloves, rocker outfits, cool attitudes. My husband likes it because along with the Halloween party that same day my sister is getting married and we're supposed to dress up for her wedding...(in costumes). Well he doesn't dress up, so he will be wearing a pair of black slacks, a black button up shirt that has the collar open and a black tie with hot pink lightening bolts...in this sorta casual look....oh and don't forget the white sneakers! Me...I'll be wearing the same dress from my sisters wedding...which is a knee length strapless dress that is lace, but their kinda ruffles that make up the dress. Now for the wedding I will transformed into a vampire minion for my sister, but after the wedding...I'm putting a hot pink sash, hot pink leg warmers and black flats on and then I'm still looking for some hot pink 80ish jewelry. Plus, I have to get my wig which is a razor cut black wig with hot pink highlights. It's either that or I'll get a hot pink bob cut wig...I'll just have to see what I'm in the mood for.

Still waiting to do cakes for people. I've actually got a lot going on at the end of the month. I'm making cupcakes with white chocolate skulls for my sisters un-bridal shower, a brownie grave yard cake for my soon to be brother in laws grooms cake or it might be a skull cake...he hasn't really decided yet what he wants. And then I'll be making two cakes to donate to our Halloween party, which are a werewolf and mummy. Those are going to be so much fun!!!

Anyways...that's the latest dish and I guess I should get off the computer and go grocery shopping!!! As always I wish you guys:

Peace, Love, and Girl Scout Cookies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment