Thursday, September 6, 2012

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken with Roasted Potatoes

Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce used!

So today kiddies I wanted to stop all the reading and posting of literary reviews and tell you about this awesome meal I made fo my honey, who LOVED it, and the subsequent out pour of please give me that recipe!!!  

After scouring my pinterest for a great crock pot recipe I settled on this one.  Just because it seemed the simplest to put together with minimal watching, stirring, or any other preparation from me.  (One day off's suck!! And you tend to not want to do anything on those days)  So anyways...with recipe in hand I ran to the store at midnight when I got off work and got potatoes and BBQ sauce.  Use whatever you have on hand or your favorite and this recipe will become one of your go to favorites.

Ingredients: 
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast (I used 4; 2 to eat that night and then shredded 2; mixed with sauce in pot for Shredded BBQ Sandwiches the next several days.)
1 bottle BBQ Sauce du Jour! (Mine was Sweet Baby Rays.)
1/4 cup Vinegar
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/2-1 tsp. Garlic Powder

(Potatoes)
1 Smallish Bag Red Potatoes (these are just what I used.  You can use nude, golden, bakers, sweet, pretty much the sky's the limit...just use what your family loves!!)
Butter This step is hard because I use spray I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.  I just sprayed the chunks.)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Minced Onion
Rosemary

Directions:
Mix the BBQ Sauce (in a separate bowl; yes I made this mistake) with all the ingredients for the chicken.  You can use frozen chicken...I just grabbed them from the freezer...tore open the Ziplocs and threw them into the crock pot.  Pour sauce mix over the chicken.  If you make the sauce and then throw in the chicken, the crock pot police are not going to come sirens blaring up to your house and take you away.  (Believe me I waited on the front porch for them.)  The purpose for crock pot cookin' is the simplicity of it.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Take your potatoes and chunk them however you want.  Line them on a baking sheet that's been oiled up somehow.  Pour some EVOO and spread, spray Pam, or what I did was Pam Olive Oil.  (VERY NICE!!!)  Spray with butter and season to taste.  (OH...inserting brilliant idea!!  Melt some butter and brush over the potatoes with a pastry brush or ladle with a spoon..that way if you don't have spray, you still get that buttery goodness!!!  Now back to the originally scheduled recipe.) I salted, peppered, garlic'd, minced onions and rosemary'd the entire pan.  I then stuck in the oven at 375 degrees for somewhere between 30-45 minutes.  The timing depends on how crispy, brown, golden, or done you like your potatoes. 


This recipe is like a week old now and already my husband has asked me to make it twice!  Stay tuned for our next recipe which is Grilled Brown Sugar Pork Chops and a side dish of Cinnamon Rice with Apples!! (Sorry no pic as people just gobbled without stopping long enough for a picture.)  And as always...let me know what you think of the dish after you've tried it in the comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment